Claremore was known for its hotels and health spas in the early 1900s. With travelers from all around the world seeking the “healing powers” of our radium waters, Claremore was looking to capital.
The Twin Oaks Hotel, originally known as the Schmitz Hotel, can be traced back to a its original land transaction in 1906. Laura Schmitz broke ground on the building in 1908. Later known as the Bird Hotel and The Saratoga (1920), it was finally changed to the Twin Oaks Hotel in 1925.